5-Minute Superfood Bowl Recipe
Your new favorite recipe is here! This Superfood Bowl comes together fast using <gasp> convenience foods!
In just a few minutes, you can have 4 healthy meals ready to go for lunch or dinner.
NOTE: You don’t have to buy premade ingredients – you can cook everything from scratch ahead of time if you want!
Meal Prep Superfood Bowl
(makes 4 servings)
● 8 oz package of microwavable quinoa (or 2 cups cooked)
● 1 lb – 1.5 lbs chopped rotisserie or grilled chicken
● ½ cup of hummus
● 2 Tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
● 5 oz package baby spinach, rinsed
● 8 oz package cooked refrigerated baby beets (produce section)
● 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
● 1 avocado (slice right before serving)
● ¼ cup unsalted toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
Prepare the quinoa according to the package directions.
While the quinoa cools, make the dressing: whisk together the hummus and lemon/lime juice. If it’s too thick, drizzle in a few drops of water to thin to your desired consistency. Set aside.
Divide the spinach among 4 reusable containers. In each container, add a quarter of the quinoa, chicken, beets, edamame, and pepitas.
When you’re ready to eat, top each serving with ¼ of the hummus dressing and toss well before adding ¼ of the avocado, cut into slices.
I hope this recipe makes your lunches easier and more delicious.
Try this and let me know how you like it!
P.S. For more FREE recipes like this, check out Fit + Fresh! It's where I store all my workout videos, recipes, and resources!