- Debbie Baisden
All The Chocolate: A Recipe You'll Adore
If you're a part of the human race you love chocolate. Chocolate haters, you are crazy and I just don't understand your DNA.
Thing is, we love chocolate, but we also hate thick thighs, yes? It's this push-pull angst between desire and rules. What if we didn't have to restrict or deprive ourselves? What if we could still get that "fix" without the pudgy aftermath?
Here's a recipe that in its original state I would have sheltered you from. So I cleaned it up and made it something that you can enjoy every now and then. I just shared it recently with my EATfit membership to enjoy!
Do not inhale this by the gallon daily or you will only fit into a mumu.
DARK CHOCOLATE SEA SALT ALMONDS
(your mouth is already watering, I know)
* 6 ounces Enjoy Life chocolate chips (yes, only this brand)
* 1.5 cups whole, raw, unsalted almonds (or nuts of choice)
* Himalayan salt (yeah, you can use Sea Salt)
* Swerve sweetener (or stevia)(no honey, no agave, no sugar, no splenda)
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. If you use wax paper you will hate life like I did because your kitchen will be filled with smoke. Set sheet aside.
2. Melt chocolate in microwave, using a microwave safe bowl, in 30 second increments until melted and smooth. If you set it to 2 minutes while you go pee, prepare to smell burned chocolate for days.
3. Stir the almonds into the chocolate pool. Remove each nut with a spoon or fork, only a couple at a time. Yes, you're hungry, but you need to stay patient or they'll all stick together. Try to keep the chocolate in the bowl as you transfer chocolate nuts onto your baking sheet. Don't lick the bowl. Okay, two licks, but that's it.
4. Sprinkle almonds with a little salt and Swerve, then allow the chocolate to set in the fridge. Twenty bucks says you'll want to eat them within 21 seconds. Go do a workout on my Fit With Deb YouTube channel while the fridge does its job.
5. Enjoy your sweet treat with your family and friends so that you don't accidentally eat every single one and get mad at me. If you have leftovers, they'll do just fine in the fridge for a couple of weeks (leftover chocolate sounds as realistic as unicorns and flying pigs, but it's possible).
There ya go! Enjoy the lack of white-knuckling! Why not share this recipe up on the Facebooks or email it to a friend!