22 Non-Food Rewards
It's so easy to reward ourselves with food and drink but is that really the healthiest way? You are not a dog so stop rewarding yourself this way! Here is a list of 22 better alternatives to celebrating your successes!
1. New workout clothes (bras, socks, leggings, tanks, shoes)
2. New workout equipment (weights, medicine ball, jump rope, gloves, etc)
3. New workout music (buy a song or an album from iTunes)
4. New headphones for your new music so you can jam out and tune out others
5. Nap or sleep
6. Home spa day (bubble bath, nails, foam roller)
7. Spa or salon experience (massage, nails, hair)
8. Massage (go for deep tissue!)
9. Donate your big clothes to charity
10. Take a vacation day from work and do whatever you want
11. Go see a movie (or rent one at home)
12. Subscribe to a fitness or food magazine
13. Sign up for a 5k and walk for charity
14. New sunglasses
15. Take a cooking class
16. Get a dog (new friend and new walking buddy)
17. Try a new experience (sky diving anyone?)
18. Spend quality time with someone you like
19. Attend a concert, enjoy a museum, scream at an amusement park
20. Book a photo shoot to show off your hard work
21. $1 jar. Ever reward you've earned equals a one dollar bill in a jar. Use the money for whatever you choose once you hit a predetermined total.
22. Write a thank-you letter to anyone who has helped you along your journey! It will mean the world to them!