We know we SHOULD drink more water, but HOW do we increase our water intake each day? Here are 12 suggestions!
1. Place a large cup of water by your bed or on your bathroom counter right before you go to bed at night. That way it's waiting for you as soon as you wake up!
2. Set an hourly alarm as a trigger to down 1 cup of water each hour that you're awake.
3. Use an app that helps you track your water and reminds you to chug 8 ounces.
4. Write on your water bottle time goals to meet. Use a permanent marker and draw rings around the bottle and label with various times of the day (by 9am, by noon, by 3pm, by 6pm, by 9pm). You can also purchase labeled water bottles.
5. Make it a game. You are not allowed to drink coffee or any other drink until you've had enough water.
6. Use a straw. You may actually drink more!
7. Buy a water bottle you love and will actually use. I am partial to my Thermos because it's big and doesn't leak. I have other water bottles I like less and when I use them, I notice I drink less.
8. Eat your veggies. Fruits and vegetables are great ways to sneak in extra hydration.
9. Tea and coffee count! Both drinks are made with water so they can contribute to your water intake, just make sure they're in limited amounts.
10. Keep water nearby. Just by placing on your desk at work, in your cupholder in the car, or next to you on the couch, you're more likely to sip throughout the day.
11. Exercise. Exercise makes you thirsty and will cause you to want more H2O!
12. Flavor your water! Add mint / cucumber / citrus slices / fruit to make it tasty!