My husband and I often joke about finding buried treasure one day so that we become instantly filthy rich. When that day comes, I'm going to get a yacht, a house on an island, weekly massages, and a chef!
Until we become millionaires, we gotta live on a budget. And there is no reason that food should be a crazy high expense for us each month! I've uncovered a lot of ways to save cash every time you grab groceries!
Here's a straight to the point list of 15 ways you can save big on groceries:
1. Buy generic instead of name brand.
2. Grow your own food.
3. Buy ingredients instead of pre-made meals.
4. Remember that by buying healthy now you won't spend thousands on prescriptions later. Some items are worth a few extra dollars.
5. Learn which stores have lower prices.
6. Shop sales, and stockpile on staples.
7. Be careful with coupons. You may end up spending more or buying unnecessary items.
8. Buy in bulk.
9. Remember that home-cooked meals are cheaper than restaurant meals.
10. Buy frozen or canned foods if you want.
11. Buy seasonal produce. Freeze extras for later.
12. Shop once a week instead of every few days.
13. Don't shop hungry.
14. Use my Fit + Fresh grocery list and stick to it!
15. Those with meal plans (like my Fit + Fresh Menu) save more compared to those who randomly grab a variety of foods.
I wanna hear from YOU! What are your grocery shopping hacks? Send me an email so I can add to the list! Happy Shopping!